Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lesson One: You are beautiful, so show it!

I decided to write this blog because I see beautiful girls around me every day, but they think they are too busy being a student to put effort into the way they look. Now, I do not think that clothes make a woman beautiful, but every day that I create an outfit that consists of more than a t-shirt and gym shorts I walk taller, have a little skip in my step, smile, and just feel confident and alive. I know I am beautiful, but creating stylish outfits helps me showcase that beauty to the rest of the world.

I have seen some girls that were fashionistas when they were younger lose that all of their confident style in the midst of the fast paced college life. It would be one thing if I knew these girls were just 'dressing down,' but I know how tough it is being a college student. Being thrown out into the real world for the first time can take a really toll on your self esteem and sometimes the way you dress reflects how you feel about yourself. There is so much on your plate that you forget to take care of yourself, and as the stress piles on you stop caring about how you look. Ok so there are those nights you partied a little too hard, or that you studied for two tests while finishing a term paper, after that you should be allowed a day in your comfy clothes. BUT think about it, what's your excuse the rest of the time?

While in college, you are supposed to grow academically and professionally, but most of the time fashion and style take a back seat. The point is, you are the time in your life where you can explore different styles, and looks. I would like to see everyone take the time to find their personal style which shows off the person who they are! Not only will you begin to feel more confident, but people in class, your professors, your academic advisor...they will all notice you. And that's not such a bad thing when you are on a campus containing a couple thousand students.

As a sophomore in college, after reading all of those fashion magazines, I decided I would no longer dwell in my gym shorts but I would live my life on a runway...a time efficient and budget conscious runway! I hope that my blog posts will inspire others that they can and want to do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment